Friday 11 August 2017

Adventure Update - Nearly there!

So, after watching the exciting and successful Midderlands kickstarter it is back to my stand alone one night adventure the Carnival of Dreams!

I have finally finished the first draft and sent a copy for play testing and a copy to a friend for some feedback. At the moment I know I need to clean up some of the PDF as some of the layout needs work, and also I need to re-check to make sure it all makes sense and remove typos etc. I'm also missing maps but I am so close I can feel it!

I am in discussions for cover art and then I just need to sort the feedback and maps and I'm all good to publish!

Well from the very first blog post to now I have been on quite a journey. I have learnt a lot, and when I am finally finished I will try and sum up what I have learnt along the way.

On a related note I read how to write adventures like a fucking boss. I took a lot of that on board, and amongst the gems that are in there one of the things that I think everyone should pay attention to is that everyone will have their own style. There is no right, or wrong, find your style and make it work for you.

I'm also prepared for lots of outcomes when I finally get this one out there and start work on my next piece to publish. I am expecting anything from no-one even noticing that it is out there to criticism. I just need to use it and learn.

For the moment, while I wait on some feedback and sort the images and work out what I want to do with the maps I'm going to work on an adventure for a competition. If you haven't seen it Venger Satanis is running a competition. If you haven't seen it I would recommend having a look.

On that slightly optimistic note I'm off to write more notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment