Tuesday 28 March 2017

Time allocation

Well I think I need to work on time allocation. I have specific tasks, but I am setting myself a date for having the Carnival of Dreams written up and ready to be play tested for 3 weeks time.

That is giving myself quite a tall order, but I have to get my head down and get it all written up and ready!

I have one, possibly two, people lined up to run it and feedback. If anyone reads this and would be interested just give me a shout. A free PDF copy of the entire thing once it is completed to any and all who help with play testing.

For anyone who is interested here is a brief summary.

I'm honing writing one off adventures to fill those gaps. You know the ones where not everyone turns up, or someone has a very last minute cancellation or someone new wants to just try an RPG.

To this end I'm starting by writing Carnival of Dreams, a simple one night adventure where Z list super heroes (with really quite rubbish super powers) seek a lost granddaughter in a Carnival.

I'm trying to put in as much detail and information as possible so any GM can pick and choose what they use and what they want to ignore. There are pre-generated characters (1 for each super power). The aim is after a quick read through the GM is ready to let people loose.

It is tongue in cheek, and just meant to be simple fun. There are (I hope) enough elements that the players can work through hints and clues, or just blaze through, all depending on what they decide they want to do on a whim.

I'll end this post with an example Super Power.

Sneezing

Cost: 1 Fate point
Use: Attack
Description: The hero wrinkles their nose causing a tickle to build. Closing their eyes they lean back before releasing a sneeze of epic proportions. Snot, mucus and the occasional tooth fly forwards covering everything not quick enough to get out of the way. Unfortunately their ability to control this is limited causing friend and foe to be smothered.
Effect:
For each character in front of the hero make an attack roll with a bonus of +3. Defendants use their Athletics skill to try and dodge out of the way.

Fail: The torrent of snot is wasted as the enemy nimbly avoids the attack.

Tie: Place the "my eyes" aspect on the target.

Succeeds: Apply damage as normal as the larger bogies slam home. Place the "everything is slippy" aspect on the target.

Succeeds with Style: Apply damage as normal as the larger bogies slam home. Place the "everything is slippy" aspect on the target with a free invocation.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I managed to get caught up in a few other projects, but this one is back on the table! I'm hoping to have it done and published before the year is out!

      Delete